Search This Blog

Saturday, May 25, 2019

Questing in Stranglethorn, Saving Booty Bay

This morning I completed the Stranglethorn Vale quests, which culminated in the defense of Booty Bay against a combined assault from the Bloodsail and Brashtide Pirates. While doing the normal killing of Bloodsails just off the southern coast of the Cape, you find that they are planning an attack. The Bloodsails on their own aren't a very formidable foe, so what is up their sleeves?

You're tasked with infiltrating their ranks by faking the death of Fleetmaster Seahorn, by killing a local cow and tossing her head around. That was a pretty funny part of the quest chain, since human pirates think all cows look alike.

Once you're in their ranks you work your way up to captain one of the three main ships in their fleet. As the captain you're able to thin out the ranks by claiming mutiny, and you sabotage their cannons, gun powder, and grog. Getting back to Booty Bay, you find the full force of the Worgen and Bloodsail pirates attacking, and after some killing and bombing you help save the day.

It's a fun quest chain, and most of the gameplay is below. The stream disconnected about half way through, but you can see the finale, which was fun times swinging from boat to boat and dropping bombs from above.

Now that I've finished with Stranglethorn, I'm moving on to the Wetlands. I'm already level 58, which means the combined quests in both Northern and Southern Stranglethorn gained me over 10 levels. I'll probably reach beyond 60 before finishing the Wetlands, and once I do that, I'll work on Kalimdor on either my Void Elf Warlock, my Kul Tiran Druid, or my Pandaren Monk. I'm leaning warlock at the moment. I haven't really played a lock for any considerable amount of time ever, so it should be fun to give the class a try.



No comments:

Post a Comment