Search This Blog

Thursday, May 23, 2019

Getting to the Gurubashi Arena

I am very excited to have access to the classic beta stress test realm today. After a stressful stress test, I was glad that I spent the evening playing Overwatch last night. The realm was offline for most of the night, and it sounded like a significant number of people had trouble logging in.

Thankfully the realms are still open until tomorrow, which means I can test out my trek to the Gurubashi Arena in the Cape of Stranglethorn Vale. I decided to try it out on a dwarf priest. Since the test realm only has a max level of 5, I wasn't interested in leveling. No, my real goal is to get a bank alt to the Gurubashi Arena to get a chance at the chest that spawns there every three hours. Vendoring the items from the chest can yield a nice chunk of gold, and since that character would primarily be in a major city working the auction house anyway, I might as well put him to good use (at least at the beginning of the server). Even if the character is only level two, if I can get lucky a couple of time when most people are asleep, I think it'll be worth it.





I found that it took just over an hour to make it all the way to the arena. The trek from the dwarf starting zone to Ironforge was no problem. I could have saved some time if I would have caught the Deeprun Tram in time. Running through Elwynn and Westfall was no problem, and my first death didn't come until I was about to leave Westfall. As I was crossing the bridge that leads into Duskwood, a high level shredder ended me life. Then a Venture Co. Drone got me as I was following the river south into Stranglethorn. I managed to die about 16 times, which meant that many corpse runs to make the incremental progress towards the arena.



I didn't see anyone else in the zone, but as the chest event is nearing there are some more level fives in the area. So I anticipate more people having this idea when the game launches in August.

What I am going to try next is the time to get to level 5, to see if it would be worth it to get to level 5 before making the run, so that I'll have a little more armor and health, as well as the ability to level trade skills, since this character will be meant to be my disenchanter.

Also, I tried to stream my numerous deaths, but the streaming capability seems only for retail.

PS. As I typing this I saw a level 5 Tauren also in the arena, so my hopes of getting the chest this morning have decreased mightily. Might get to level 5 to improve my odds this afternoon if I get the chance.





No comments:

Post a Comment