Search This Blog

Thursday, August 22, 2019

Role Playing in Classic WoW

Hail and well met traveler. I've been thinking lately about an aspect of the game that I've never really focused on, role playing. I've always played on a role playing server, but it's mostly to play with friends who go me started in the game. I never really role played in the game, and since playing more D&D, I've been more interested in the fun aspect of putting myself in the mindset of my character as I play.

The main character I intend to play in this way is my Paladin. My current plan, to make it more seamless with my gameplay, is to use a set of macros. The macros would cause my character to say certain things that would correspond to the spells and abilities he is using. For example, if he casts Blessing of Might, he'll say "Light give you strength," or something like that.

I'm only going to do that for abilities that have longer cool downs. So abilities that have cool downs longer than 15 seconds or so. It would get kind of annoying if my character was saying something every time they attacked.

I do plan on doing this for all of my characters not just my paladin, and I'm looking forward to making the things they say fit with the characters that I'm creating. I'm not great at typing things quickly in chat while playing, and having these macros will help me add a little flair to my game plays.

I'm excited to start playing next week on the RP realm Bloodsail Buccaneers, and I'm looking forward to playing around a little with my characters and their stories. I've got a backstory for each of them, and while nothing is set in stone, I think that it's a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment