Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Day one of Classic WoW

The launch of the long awaited classic wow servers felt like New Year’s Eve. There were dozens of streamers ready to log in, and it felt like there was a buzz in the community. I had the character selection screen up and ready to go for when the servers went live. When the time came I was happy to be able to login without any trouble. I thought it was really cool to see so many people, as Northshire was packed with humans beginning their journey.

I didn’t play for very long as I had a DnD session, and when I tried getting back on later in the evening I was met with the familiar queue time I remember when I was in high school playing on a high population server. Nothing like the classic experience. After about a half an hour I got to play some in Dun Morough until I got disconnected and wasn’t able to reconnect. By that time it was time for bed.

This morning, though, was not problem. I was able to login without a queue, and I could play for about two hours leveling my paladin through the first part of Elwynn Forest. I made a group to kill Garret Padfoot with a nearby warrior on the quest, and later I was trying to group up with a warlock to make killing Goldtooth in the Fargofeep Mine easier. The warlock wasn’t on the same quest as me so we just killed kobolds until we went down a tunnel and stumbled upon a rare spawn. We were able to get the boss down, but we fell with him, and when we recovered our bodies the respawn rate was more than we could handle. I made myself some armor and leveled my blacksmithing and mining, and I’m looking forward to venturing to the Jasperload Mine to the north and fine the treasures the await.

Currently, I’m level 8, and my goal is to finish the zone completely before heading to Westfall. This way my professions should be high enough, and I’ll most likely be a higher level which will make the transition into the higher level zone smoother.


No comments:

Post a Comment