Search This Blog

Saturday, June 1, 2019

A Day of Firsts

Today I started questing through Darkshore for the first time on a Warlock for the first time. I'm working on getting the Loremaster of Kalimdor achievement, and since I have to do all of the zones, I figured I should start with the former kin of my void elf.





I started by being notified that survivors had washed up along the shore. These must've been survivors from events from the Cataclysm, and my guess is that there are quests in Teldrasil that connect what's going on.

One of the survivors was concerned about his pet Grimclaw, and I'm later sent to find Grimclaw to reunite the two. Unfortunately shortly after being reunited, the night elf, Volcor, dies from the toxins inflicted by the water elementals. A really sad end, but at least Grimclaw made it back to him before he died.

There was also a quest to learn about the wild like through the Buzzboxes throughout the woods. I had never quested in Darkshore before, but I had seen guides that mention the Buzzbox quests. The investigation led to a cave with a satyr who was infecting the wildlife in the area to disrupt the forest with his foul magics. While in the cave, I rescued some of the caged wildlife, and stumbled upon a forsaken apothecary seeking to use the satyr's magic for his on nefarious purposes. There is some follow up to that story I still need to do.

One of the night elfs who escaped the infection sent me to find his wife who was not so lucky at the Ruins of Bashal'Aran. He wanted me to release her spirit, and while there I released some other haunting spirits. Nearby I found Grimclaw and a keeper who wanted me to gather some items from the nearby wildlife to help him heal Grimclaw. I plucked some whiskers off of some sleeping nightstalkers, tuffed some fur from feasting bears, and snagged some hair from the the nearby does while the stags weren't looking. After completing this ritual I was able to commune with the animal spirits and game one of their blessings. I chose to gain the nightstalker cat's blessing, which grants me increased casting speed within Darkshore, so that's pretty nice.

I'm enjoying the zone very much, and I'm looking forward to continuing to learn more about the night elven story. Also, the kittens I'm fostering make an appearance while I'm questing, so that's a bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment