Search This Blog

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Why do I like healing?

Recently me and my girlfriend have been leveling some new toons while we wait for the expansion to hit. It has been a blast, and I am really enjoying the new class changes and the leveling experience overall. But after spending a couple of weeks leveling as a frost mage, I found myself wanting to hop on my pally and priest and just heal something.

I don't exactly what it is, but it was like I was craving healing again. I enjoy dpsing and tanking (at times), but there is just something about being a healer that I find to be much more fun. I think that it has to  do with the difference in gameplay, and general role.

As a tank, I am making sure that I am the one being hit, and that I am able to take those hits. As a dps, I am making sure I am killing things when I need to, and that I am not getting hit unnecessarily. But as a healer, I am directly responsible for keeping people alive. I need to use heals that will keep green bars from going black, and I need to use them in a way that keeps my blue bar blue until the fight is over. There is something really cool to me about that role. I know that a groups success is dependent of everyone doing their job and doing it well, but if the healers aren't doing their job no one else can do their respective jobs. Everything rests on the healers shoulders.

While some people might find that to be too much responsibility, I find it to be pretty cool. The desicion making involved, when choosing the right heal, combined with knowing that my failure means death to everyone else makes me find healing to be interactive and really cool feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment