Search This Blog

Saturday, October 9, 2010

OMG I MOVED MY SPELLS!!!

After a good conversation with my friend about our keybindings and where we put our spells, I have come to a conclusion. My system didn't really make that much sense.

To start, the way that I set up my bars on my two main healers is as follows: I would put the three spells that I use most often at 5,6, and 7 with the rest going around those three. I wanted the main spells to be centrally located so that I could still reach the plethora of other spells in my arsenal if I needed to. This caused me to realize that a lot of the spells at the far reaches of my bar aren't really being used that much, and if they are they are being click. If they are going to be clicked that means they don't need to be on the bar.

So I reelvaluated. Now I have my three main spells at 3, 4, and 5 (GASP!!!!!). Big difference right, I know. But it has made a difference. My action bars seem more streamlined now, they feel effecient, and I feel like all is right with the world of action bars (a great idea for the next big MMO btw). I have healing and mana cooldowns above my bar and to the right, I have my dispells and "OH $*it" buttons above the bar and to the left, and my buffs to the far right. I move the AoE heals and the single target heals around depending on the content (raid AoE is closer to the big three, pvp single targets closer you get the idea).

After trying this out over the past week I am happy that I changed things up. From leveling to raiding my bars didn't really change. I would find a place for new spells, until just about every spot was taken. Now I've realized that I don't need Mana Burn on my bar all the time. I can keep those barely used spells where they belong, in the spell book until I need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment