Search This Blog

Friday, August 27, 2010

What annoys you the most?

Running a random on Cell, and there is a DK in frost presence (not tanking). He's hardly pressing any buttons, and just have a good ole time cruising through the instance.

Our tank, who was over geared and pulling with vigor, was loosing his patience with the our DK. Not only because he was in frost presence, but also from the lack of activity and awareness of his class and how to play it. Our tanks comments to the DK gave me the impression that the DKs actions were really getting on his nerves. This made me wonder, what really gets on my nerves? Was our tank justified in being so annoyed?

I can understand being a tank and having someone who is taunting off of you, using righteous fury, frost pressence or defensive stance, and so on.This can get pretty frustrating for some folks. After all it is the tanks role to hold agro on all of the mobs, and when someone uses those abilities they are hindering the tanks ability to fill that role adequately. But this DK was no where near getting threat off of the Tank. Sure it can be annoying that he's in Frost Presence, but is it worth throwing a fit over?

I tend to take the stance that if it's not having an adverse affect on my (or my girlfriend's) gameplay, then what do I care. Sure that person has no idea how to play their class, and sure they have no idea of what they are supposed to do on most fights, if it doesn't hurt me I tend not to let it bother me. I've noticed, though, that this philosophy stops being true when I'm in a raid. For whatever reason (probably the long waits between wipes), I get especially annoyed when people enter a raid instance absolutely clueless. And it's not just that they are clueless, it's that they are clueless and trying to hide it. Time and time again, I'll be in a pug and when the raid leader asks, "has anyone not done this fight before?" noone says a word. The raid fails (miserably) and becomes clear there are many people who havn't done the fight before.

I absolutely hate it when people do this. When someone woul rather fake it and cause 9 or 24 other people to run back from the graveyard, instead of saying "umm yeah, I have no idea what is going on, can someone explain it to me?" that's when I get annoyed. I know that there is a lot of anxiety when you're the only one out of the loop, but think about this. If you're in a pug, chances are good (depending on how it was put together) that you are not the only one who has no idea. I would rather someone tell me they don't have a clue, than pretend they do and fail because by you asking that question the other clueless people don't have to.

This, combined with the fact that it is a pain to get my priest his teir 5 smexy set, is probably my biggest pet peeve. If you have a question, ask someone. If that person is a douche, keep asking until you find someone willing to be nice and patient enough to help you. Also the WoW forums, wowhead, tankspot, and a whole slew of guides are your friends. Learn how to use them, and you will be on your way to improve your gameplay.

No comments:

Post a Comment