Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

PVPing as a holy priest

With a lack of desire to do any raiding, heroics, or leveling of toons, I have turned to battlegrounds. I have always enjoyed pvping, both at 80 on my pally and priest and at the lower levels on my rogue, and other pally. It adds a much needed change of pace, and it's always fun to turn the tides of a battle with needed heals and face melting powah.

Most of my pvp has come on my priest lately. As shadow it is a ton of fun being able to go toe to toe with most anyone. As discipline, the single target healing and PW:S is just awesome. Both specs are a ton of fun for pvp. But I was thinking, "I like raiding as holy, why not doing battlegrounds as holy?"

So I did. I picked up Blessed Recovery, Blessed Resilience, Body and Soul, and even Lightwell (still wondering why myself). The spec still allows me to heal in a raid or heroic easily. I made sure to pick up all of those tools without too much trouble. So, I gave it a try last night. and I've got to say that I think I am liking it a little better than disc so far.

Here is a link to the specthat I use.

My Prayer of Mending is stronger, my Power Word: Sheil gives a speed boost, my Renew is more useful, I've got Gaurdian spirit, and with Spirit of Redemption, even if you kill me I can still heal for another 15 sec. While Prayer of Healing and Circle of Healing don't find as much use, those added tools don't really hurt me at all. I am still not sure how wise it was to spec (and glyph) for Lightwell. I guess the reasoning there was to get people used to using it for when it (hopefully) becomes useful in Cata. Plus having an added ability never hurt.

All in all, I am enjoying pvping as holy. While I am sure that Disc is the better healing spec for it, holy is the spec that I like the most, and I am glad that it is proving to be pretty fun.

2 comments:

  1. You should throw a link up to a wowhead talent spec of the holy PvP/raiding spec you're using - I think it would be interesting to see it :)

    Also... welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The link is added. Thanks for the suggestion :)

    ReplyDelete