Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Reforging Mastery or Haste

Now that my priest is level 83, I've started to think about what stats I want to prioritize for him. I know that critical rating is at the bottom, and that I reforge crit whenever it is on an item, but I am not sure about whether I should prioritize haste over mastery or vise versa.

I know that haste is needed and it's great, but I'm starting to think that I should go for mastery almost exclusively. Here's what I figure; I am rarely overhealing with more than 20% of my heals. Mastery is only third in terms of the spells that overheal. This makes me feel that the extra healing added from mastery won't add to the overhealing and will isntead provide a significant percentage of my overall healing.

Right now Echo of Light is only contributing to around 10% of my healing done. Since this is going to be free added healing, boosting it to provide more output should help it to move closer to 20% of my healing. On top of the added boost to output, the extra mastery will allow me to move on to heal another target sooner. I know that my last heal applied a significant heal over time, so I can move on to the next target.

That's how I'm think about things so far. I think that I'm going to gem for a combination of Intellect and Mastery, and I'm going to try to acquire more peices with mastery and reforge for it whenever I can. We'll see how this works out, as I am sure that I will probably revert to choosing haste to be number one after some more healing on my priest.

No comments:

Post a Comment